The Blessings Food Pantry, located on the Christ Church Pompano Beach campus, provides food for families and individuals in need. The pantry is open Monday through Thursday 9-11:30am, and on Saturday, 10am-12noon. Volunteers serve for an additional 30 minutes after closing time to make sure everything is in order for the next day. Several opportunities to serve at the pantry include volunteers to sign-in and interview guests; assist with record-keeping; shopping escorts to help distribute food; and workroom persons for a variety of activities including organizing and stocking the pantry shelves, etc. Training is provided. Please click here to contact Pastor Josh Beaty for more information.
Other ways to help:
- Organize food drives at workplaces and organizations to help stock the pantry
- Drivers with an SUV, van or pick-up truck, and available on short notice are frequently needed. If you have a flexible schedule that would allow you to pick up donated food from grocery stores and retailers, and deliver it to the pantry on the same day, please click here to contact Rich Storts.
- Donate food to the pantry. Food donations may be dropped off at the pantry during open hours (Monday through Thursday, 9am-11:30am, and Saturdays, 10am-1:30pm); at the Fort Lauderdale church office Monday through Friday, 8:30am-5pm; or before weekend worship services. Click here for a list of needed items.
- Monetary donations to the pantry make it possible to purchase food in bulk and stretch the pantry’s buying power. Checks for the pantry may be made payable to Christ Church, and should include “Blessings Food Pantry” on the memo line.
Community supporters of the food pantry include:
- Christ Church School
- Trader Joe's
- Gordon Food Supply
- Whole Foods Markets
- Hope South Florida
- The Fruitful Field
- Project Lifeline - The Blessings Food Pantry is a member of Project Lifeline, a program of the United Way of Broward County. Project Lifeline provides pallets of produce and canned goods.
This institution [the Blessings Food Pantry] is an Equal Opportunity Provider. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)