Upward® is a first-class sports experience that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus a “win-at-all-costs” mentality. We would love to have you on our team!
Basketball & Cheerleading
Basketball and cheerleading are for kindergarten through sixth-grade students. Registration begins October 20, 2018, and ends on December 19, 2018. and closes in December. Please be advised that teams and age groups fill quickly. It is our intention to place every child, but if a division reaches capacity, a child will have to be placed on a waiting list.
- Registration: begins on Saturday, October 20, 2018 and ends on Wednesday, December 19, 2018. Click here to register beginning October 20.
- Season: The season begins with evaluations on December 19, 2018, from 5-7:30pm, for first- through sixth-graders for basketball only. The first practice will be the week of January 7, 2019, and the first game will be the weekend of January 19, 2019. The practice days and times will be determined after the evaluations are completed on December 19, 2018.
- Coaching: Head coaches, assistant coaches and referees are needed. Click here for an application that will be submitted to Kerry Zimmer, assistant Crosswalk director.
- Evaluations: First- through sixth-graders are evaluated to help distribute players equally. Everyone makes a team. Kindergartners and cheerleaders do not attend evaluation.
- Game Information: Games are usually played on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. You will have one game each week.
- Cost Registration is $90 per child or $110 per child if you also want Upward® shorts.
- Celebration: An end-of-season celebration is planned the weekend of February 23, 2019. This is a great opportunity to thank God, celebrate the achievements of players, coaches and all the volunteers who make Upward® possible.
This is an opportunity for your child to learn the game of soccer in a fun atmosphere where sportsmanship is valued. Practices for the fall 2018 season began August 27.
- Season: The season began with evaluations for first- through fifth-graders on Saturday, August 18, 9-11am, on Christ Church Field. PreK-3 and kindergarteners do not attend evaluations. Practices began Tuesday, August 28, and the first game was on Saturday, September 15. Generally, the season includes one practice each week, and one game each Saturday. An end-of-season celebration concludes the season on Saturday, October 27, 2018.
- Coaching: Head coaches, assistant coaches and referees are always needed. Please email Kerry Zimmer.
- Celebration: The end-of-season celebration will take place on Christ Church Field. This is a great opportunity to thank God, celebrate the achievements of players, coaches and all of the volunteers who make Upward® possible.
If you have questions, comments, or need additional information, please click here to contact Kerry Zimmer, assistant Crosswalk director.
For more info about Upward®, visit their site.