Upward® is a first-class sports experience that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus a “win-at-all-costs” mentality. We would love to have you on our team!
This is an opportunity for your child to learn the game of soccer in a fun atmosphere where sportsmanship is valued. CLICK HERE to register your child, prek-3 through fifth grade for the fall 2019 season; practices beginning the week of August 26.
- Season: The season begins with evaluations on Monday, August 19, 5:30-7pm on Christ Church Field. Evaluations are for first- through fifth-graders. Practices begin the week of August 26, with the first games on Saturday, September 7. Generally, the season includes one practice each week, and one game each Saturday. The last game will be Saturday, October 19, with an end-of-season celebration on Sunday, October 20, 2019.
- Coaching: Head coaches, assistant coaches and referees are always needed. Please email Kerry Zimmer.
- Celebration: The end-of-season celebration will be Sunday, October 20, 2019. This is a great opportunity to thank God, celebrate the achievements of players, coaches and all of the volunteers who make Upward® possible.
Basketball & Cheerleading
Basketball and cheerleading are for kindergarten through sixth-grade students. Registration usually begins in October and closes in December. Please be advised that teams and age groups fill quickly. It is our intention to place every child, but if a division reaches capacity, a child will have to be placed on a waiting list.
- Registration: dates to be announced
- Season: The season begins with evaluations for first- through sixth-graders for basketball only. The first practice is usually in January, and the first game will shortly thereafter. The practice days and times will be determined after the evaluations are completed.
- Coaching: Head coaches, assistant coaches and referees are needed. Click here for an application that will be submitted to Kerry Zimmer, assistant Crosswalk director.
- Evaluations: First- through sixth-graders are evaluated to help distribute players equally. Everyone makes a team. Kindergartners and cheerleaders do not attend evaluation.
- Game Information: Games are usually played on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. You will have one game each week.
- Cost Registration cost for the 2019 season was $90 per child or $110 per child if you also want Upward® shorts.
- Celebration: An end-of-season celebration is planned for a weekend in February. This is a great opportunity to thank God, celebrate the achievements of players, coaches and all the volunteers who make Upward® possible.
If you have questions, comments, or need additional information, please click here to contact Kerry Zimmer, assistant Crosswalk director.
For more info about Upward®, visit their site.