Upward® is a first-class sports experience that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus a “win-at-all-costs” mentality. We would love to have you on our team!
This is an opportunity for your child to learn the game of soccer in a fun atmosphere where sportsmanship is valued. Practices for the fall 2018 season begin August 27. Click here to register.
- Season: The season begins with evaluations for first- through fifth-graders on Saturday, August 18, 9-11am, on Christ Church Field. PreK-4 and kindergarteners do not need to go to evaluations. Practices begin Monday, August 27, and the first game will be Saturday, September 15. Generally, the season includes one practice each week, and one game each Saturday. An end-of-season celebration concludes the season on Saturday, October 27.
- Coaching: Head coaches, assistant coaches and referees are needed. Click here for an application that will be sent to Kerry Zimmer, assistant director of Crosswalk. Questions? Email Kerry Zimmer.
- Celebration: The end-of-season celebration takes place on Christ Church Field.. This is a great opportunity to thank God, celebrate the achievements of players, coaches and all of the volunteers who make Upward® possible.
Basketball & Cheerleading
Basketball and cheerleading are for kindergarten through sixth-grade students. Registration usually begins in late October and closes in December. Please be advised that teams and age groups fill quickly. It is our intention to place every child, but if a division reaches capacity, a child will have to be placed on a waiting list.
- Coaching: Head coaches, assistant coaches and referees are needed. Click here for an application that will be submitted to Kerry Zimmer, assistant Crosswalk director.
- Evaluations: First- through sixth-graders are evaluated to help distribute players equally. Everyone makes a team. Kindergartners do not attend evaluation.
- Game Information: Games are played on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday. You will have one game each week.
- Celebration: An end-of-season celebration is planned. This is a great opportunity to thank God, celebrate the achievements of players, coaches and all the volunteers who make Upward® possible.
If you have questions, comments, or need additional information, please click here to contact Kerry Zimmer, assistant Crosswalk director.
For more info about Upward®, visit their site.